Code of ConductVolkswagen Group Italia implements the Code of Conduct binding for all the Employees of the Volkswagen Group – all over the world, in every Brand and at all hierarchical levels. It contains the basic principles and guidelines for our behavior and it provides orientation, advice and support to all the employees.The Code of Conduct focuses in particular on the responsibilities that each employee bears towards the respect of ethical rules and principles.The Volkswagen Group Code of Conduct brings to the attention three main elements:
Each employees is responsible to ensure that his or her conduct are honest, reliable and ethical. Such conduct is based on the knowledge of and the compliance with internal rules and statutory provisions in force.In case of suspected violation of the Code of Conduct or other kinds of irregularities, it is possible to submit a hint through the channels of the Volkswagen Group Whistleblower System.The Code is an essential part of the Organisation, Management and Control Model required by article 6 of the Legislative Decree 231/01 bearing the "Regulations on the administrative responsibility of legal persons and of bodies without legal personality, pursuant to article 11 of Italian Law 300 of 29 September 2000". Antitrust Guidelines represents an annex to the Code of Conduct.
- Our responsibility as members of society
- Our responsibility as business partners
- Our responsibility in the workplace
Whistleblower SystemCompliance with statutory regulations and internal rules and Integrity are top priorities at Volkswagen Group Italia and in the entire Volkswagen Group, since they represents the basis of our reputation and the fundamental elements in order not to betray the trust of our Customers and our Business Partners.Every Volkswagen Group Italia employee is asked to behave in compliance with laws, applicable regulations and the Company’s principles, in particular those stated in our Code of Conduct, and a Whistleblower System has been established for the reporting of any irregularities and misconducts by Volkswagen Group Italia employees when performing their daily duties.The Whistleblower System allows employees, Business Partners and other third parties to make a report regarding suspected regulatory violations committed by Volkswagen Group Italia employees without fear of retaliation.The Whistleblower System ensures protection, fairness and trust.
Through the Whistleblower System:
- Protection for the Company, for people making a report (the so-called Whistleblower) and for persons implicated.
- Fairness in the handling of reports.
- Trust as the fundamental value of our work and the functioning of the Whistleblower System.
The Company provides several channels to contact to report suspected regulatory violations.It is helpful if your report includes elements to answer these five fundamental questions:
- anyone who has a reasonable suspicion that a Volkswagen Group Italia employee committed a regulatory violation when performing his or her daily duties can make a report;
- the Whistleblower can make a report confidentially and enjoys protection against all forms of discrimination and retaliation;
- knowingly making false accusations is a sanctioned behavior;
- reports of suspected regulatory violations are carefully examined before initiating an investigation;
- reported information are investigated internally in a neutral and objective manner and in compliance with the principle of the presumption of innocence.
- Who: Who is involved? Who is concerned with the issue?
- What: What happened? Detailed description of the events.
- When: When did the issue happen? How often has this occurred?
- How: How was the issue possible?
- Where: Where did the issue occur?